Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Typing on an iPad takes practice

...so don't judge this post.
Cockroach apocalypse

So yesterday I woke up in the morning to go run a little errand with Michelle. When I was walking to the sink, I noticed a (small) dead cockroach! EWWWwW. Anyway, I decided to be a big girl, so I went to the kitchen and got a paper towel to pick it up and flush it down the toilet. While I'm trying to pick it up, the worst thing possible happened. It started crawling. Holy cow, I could not have freaked out more. So I got up my roommate because I clearly needed back up for this situation. We of course were squealing and freaking out about what to do and about who was home that would kill it for us. We discovered that our usual exterminator roommate wasn't home and we had to deal with this ourselves. While we were busy being grossed out it started crawling... Towards the closet. That is one giant no-no. W had to do something quick so we went into our closet and decided that we would have to squish it because our attempts to "shew" it outside just wasn't working. We both decided that we were not using any of our shoes to do the deed, so we grabbed a shoe in the hallway who's owner is still unknown. then that didn't work because it was in a corner. So to wrap the story up, Brittany blindly squished it with a hanger and it eventually stopped crawling with it's head chopped off.

Christmas Party Number 1

My shift last night was from 7:15-1:15, which isn't unusual. What was unusual was how much fun I had at work! It was by far the best time I've had while on the job. The dance party in the dining room, s we had a dj, plenty of characters, and an entire "bay" set up with free cookies and hot chocolate. We were dancing on the counter all night. It put me in such a good mood. One of my favorite moments of the night was when I was on "topping bar". Party in the USA had just come on, and obviously I was excited. I looked behind me at the outside dining and saw a small girl (maybe 5 years old?) hard core breaking it down all by herself. It was so cool but she looked up and saw me watching and fist pumping. She got super embarrassed and went to hide behind her mom. Tying to make her feel more comfortable, continued to look at her and dance like a maniac. Let's be honest, it's impossible to be self conscious when you dance around me, because at least you know you're better than one person! She was laughing and smiling. She started to dance again and then before I knew it she had run inside and walked up to me. In the sweetest little british accent she said, "you're a very good dancer"! I was so cute! So I told her that she was too! She said that she wanted to be a dancer when she grows up and I just told her that she could do whatever she put her heart to, and that luckily, she was clearly a talented dancer, so she'll be just fine. I looked outside at her mom, who was smiling, and she mouthed "thank you" to me. I just smiled and asked the girl if she was hungry because she's been dancing so much!! Eventually she went back outside, but I loved talking to her.

Late Night, Early Morning
I got home at two, and packed and got ready until three thirty in the morning. So I decided that I should lay down for a cat nap before I had to get up to catch the flight. I was planning on leaving at around five twenty, but of course, I overslept and woke up at five fourth. Thankfully my roommate Liz is a very skilled race car driver, and the lines were really short. I got to my gate with plenty if time, and now I am at home!! I love it so much, it feels great to be in my own bed, in my own room, in my house, in my town...even in my state. It's was a beautiful and colorful fall day today, and now I'm going to sleep well, because I'm still running off two hours of sleep. Thank goodness for coffee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment